HOW TO BE HAPPY!?
what’s good you guys? In today’s post, I’ll be writing about HOW TO BE HAPPY. In this busy world where people are very busy with their work and do everything but forget how to be happy. Being happy is a subjective topic. I’m about to dive into some super amazing tips on how to be happy.
Usually when people are asked what is your ultimate goal in life or where do you see yourself in 10 years? I feel like a really common answer is I just want to be happy… which is great because I feel like happiness is something very valuable. The mistake in saying I want to be happy is that we see happiness as a stage or a destination. Somewhere you have to go through a path to get to when in reality happiness isn’t something like a door of Narnia that you’re going to reach out of nowhere.
The main funda of How to be happy is knowing that happiness is a feeling, it’s state of mind, it’s a state of being it’s probably not a location!
How to be happy – steps to move towards happiness
- Focus on yourself – There are two words I think are magic, the words ‘I’ and ‘AM’. There is some kind of magical thing in this phrase. This turns out to be a fact in reality. You are placing yourself in that willingly… so whatever you say after the words I AM turns out to be real. Whatever goes through your head your thoughts will eventually become things. These can be good or bad. I know all these sounds too good to be real and that’s because this is real! Your thoughts will become reality… that’s why people always say that one should have a positive mind with a positive thinking. People always have a thought about what others are thinking about. Instead of thinking what they are thinking about people should focus on them. Making the use of this internal energy onto yourself only. “FOCUS ON YOURSELF” is first and the foremost step in solving the problem of how to be happy.
- Drop Unpleasant Memories Of The Past and Live In The Present Moment –
How can you be happy if you’re holding onto memories of the past that are unpleasant? Unpleasant memories are the biggest problem for you to be in the present. The nature of mind is such, it leaves all the memories that make us happy and it grabs onto those few unpleasant events and chews on it. These things are actually very easy and say and very difficult to do. But we have to move on from those unpleasant memories from the past and move towards happiness. If you are happy now, the past will not torment you and the future will take care of itself.
- Learn how to forgive others ( don’t hold grudges) – Forgiveness is such a powerful thing, for it can heal our hearts, making room for love to enter, allowing us to go back to our real and authentic Self, giving us permission to re-connect with one another at a deeper level. We forgive not because we are weak, not because we want to be hurt again, but because we are strong enough to understand that the more we hold on to grudges and, the more we pollute our minds, our hearts, and our lives.Let go of anger, bitterness, hate or resentment as much as you can. Allow love to govern your mind, your heart and your life and allow peace to come to the surface once again.
“He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself; for every man has need to be forgiven.” ~ Thomas Full
- Stop complaining start appreciating – I used to complain A LOT about every little thing that was happening to me and all around me. I was so busy pointing out all the things that were going wrong in my life that I couldn’t see the many things that were going right. I was really good at pointing the many things I didn’t like that I forgot about the things I did like. This is the general human tendency that we always consider the things that are not going in the right direction. Taking that half-filled glass example, why we always say that the glass is half empty why can’t we say that yes! the glass is half filled. We should appreciate what we have and be happy with that. Always complaining about the things you don’t have even is not a good idea. “Complaining not only ruins everybody else’s day, it ruins the complainer’s day, too. The more we complain, the more unhappy we get.” Dennis Prager
- Spend some more time with friends and family – Staying in touch with friends and family is one of the best ways to your question how to be happy. If you want more evidence that time with friends is beneficial for you, research proves it can make you happier right now, too.Social time is highly valuable when it comes to improving our happiness, even for introverts. Several studies have found that time spent with friends and family makes a big difference in how happy we feel.We are happy when we have family, we are happy when we have friends and almost all the other things we think make us happy are actually just ways of getting more family and friends
So here are some amazing tips on how to be happy;
These all are my views on how to be happy. I spent a lot of time on this. Make sure you leave a comment in the comment section and do let me know your views as well and how it is helpful to you guys.
until next time, bbye 🙂